Medical Marijuana has Many Medicinal Benefits
Get Authorized Today!
Want to Save Money on Miami Medical Marijuana Once Authorized?
Subscribe Today and We'll Send you Discounts
How to Become a Medical Marijuana Patient in Miami
In the state of Florida, it is possible to become a patient for medical marijuana. However, a Miami medical marijuana card is not something that is super easily handed out. Recipients must meet several guidelines in order to be considered a medical marijuana patient. Below, you will find some of those guidelines and as long as you meet them, you can schedule with our Miami medical marijuana doctors and get authorized for medicinal cannabis usage.
To qualify, a Miami patient must meet the following guidelines:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be a Florida resident with a valid ID.
- Must have medical records describing in detail the medical condition.
- Must have a debilitating medical condition and be under the care of a physician. This care must have started 3 months prior to the actual diagnosis.
- Must register with the Department of Health.
- The patient must have previously tried other treatments under the care of a physician and it has been deemed that those treatments are not working or that the risk of continued use is too great of a risk.
A debilitating medical condition is considered to be any of the following:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Crohn’s Disease
- Chronic muscle spasms
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder
Outside of those listed, you can also be diagnosed with another disease or disorder which has the same severity of symptoms. There must also be a determination by your physician that the condition you have would pose serious health risk with the use of other treatment options.
Amendment 2, which legalizes the use of Miami medicinal marijuana, was passed on November 8, 2016. When it is stated that a physician must make a determination, this cannot be any physician. It must be a qualified medical marijuana physician.
Miami Medical Marijuana Physicians must go through the following in order to be qualified:
1. Must have an active license that is free from restrictions and must be either a physician or an osteopathic physician.
2. Must complete an online, 8 hour course that is set forth by the Florida Medical Association.
3. Once course is completed, the doctor must verify their license.
While society has come a long way in the use of medical marijuana, it is still not something that is taken lightly and a Miami medical marijuana use card is not something that is handed out easily. However, for those that truly need it, the medical use care can be a very good thing to help with certain medical conditions.